I feel like I haven’t done a London-related blog post in a while, so to get back in the swing of things, here’s a few ideas I have floating around in my brain about what to do in London at night. Towards the end of last year, a few too many late nights meant my friends and I became somewhat nocturnal, so I definitely have had lots of night-time fun in the city!
- Musical Theatre! The West End is filled with tons of amazing shows; my boyfriend and I make a thing of going out to dinner then a musical, and it’s always so much fun. The last show I saw was Sunny Afternoon, The Kinks musical, and I definitely recommend it (I reviewed it on the blog if you’re interested). I’ve got us tickets for the Book of Mormon in the summer, which is so exciting!
- The Cinema. Leicester Square is home to lots of cinemas, so
- Live Music. For me, there’s nothing better than live music on a Friday night, the O2 Forum in Kentish Town always has something going on, or check out the Blues Kitchen if you’re into jazz-y stuff! There’s a Blues Kitchen in Camden and in Shoreditch, and they do good cocktails too.
- Dinner or drinks at a pub? My favourite places are definitely Camden and Shoreditch. There’s always so much going on at night, with lots of bars to check out, especially at weekends! I recently went to Zigfried Von Underbelly in Hoxton for pizza and drinks with my friends, and we had an awesome time. The World’s End in Camden is always great too.
- Clubbing. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea for sure, but there are a few clubs I love going to, especially Fabric (near Farringdon station, has several rooms with different music in like dubstep, house etc) and Underworld in Camden (coincidental name!) – they play rock, grunge, pop punk etc and entry is really cheap, usually £5.
- Casinos? It’s not exactly Las Vegas or Monte Carlo, but have you considered going to a casino in London? I’d not really considered the idea before, but I totally want to go and check one out at some point! Make sure to be careful with not spending too much while you’re there though.
- Cocktails. My best friend I always go for cocktails, it’s our thing. Anywhere central is great for this, like Covent Garden or Leicester Square. We went to a Cuban cocktail bar once somewhere in Dalston, and the Pina Coladas were delicious.
- Try a different cuisine? Brick Lane in Shoreditch is my favourite for Indian curries, and of course there’s Chinatown if you want some good Asian cuisine. I recently tried Thai food and loved it!
- Museums! Did you know that the Natural History museum is open until 10:30pm on the last Friday of each month? Similarly, the Science Museum is open until 10 pm on the last Wednesday of the month. If art is more your thing, the Tate Modern is open until 10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
- A night-time walk. There’s something so pretty and peaceful about having a walk around London at night, with all it’s pretty lights, especially around the Southbank area. I posted a blog post with a few pictures of a little stroll my friend I had around that area, it was lovely!
Find me here: Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Music YouTube | Vlog YouTube
* This post is sponsored by Casino Journeys, but all opinions are my own.