How on earth is it even 2017, let alone the end of January 2017?! Why does life fly by so quickly since I’ve come out of my teenage years? Scary stuff. Today I’ve decided to share a little list of good things that happened in January, amidst the stress of university life, trying to pay bills/rent, and struggling to cope with the fact that Donald Trump may destroy the planet.
Here are some good things that happened to me in January
- I went to a formal dinner at the RAF Club by my old school society, it was lovely catching up with a few of my school friends.
- I got a first in my archaeology essay! As a final year student, applying for my Master’s degree at the moment, getting good grades is really important.
- Bae had his nose surgery to fix a really bad deviated septum – he’s recovering at the moment, but it’s good that he had the surgery finally!
- I visited Cambridge University on Saturday with my Classical Greek Art class, checked out the Archaeological Museum, and then had a wander/catch-up with an old friend who goes to uni there. It was tiring, but I had a nice day.
- I saw The Pretty Reckless at the 02 Forum, they were amazing. I love Taylor Momsen, I want to be as cool (and as rock n’ roll) as her one day!
- I went to the cinema a few times, to see Assassin’s Creed and La La Land – those are two films definitely worth watching! Emma Stone in La La Land is wonderful. I cried. We all cried. Don’t lie and say you didn’t.
- I’ve been looking for a job this month because I totally need one to save up for my Master’s Degree, and I only have lectures once a week this semester. I had an interview that went well, so fingers crossed!
- I reached 950 bloglovin’ followers, yay! I say this cautiously, because we all know how blog followers fluctuate, but I’m happy.
- I started a Forensic Science Level 3 Diploma course online with NCC Learning. I’ve got a blog post all about this planned, but it’s exciting to learn more about a subject that interests me, while gaining a qualification at the same time!
- Finally, I read some good books. The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher (RIP) was an absolutely beautiful read, I related to it so much! I read the entire book in 2 days, I couldn’t put it down. Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth (author of the Divergent Series) was a good read too, I’ve got a review of that coming soon.
What are your best memories from January?