If you’ve read pretty much any of my blog posts, you’ll know that I’ve been living in London for the last three years while studying at King’s College. In my free time, I love to explore the city, checking out many bars, parks, museums, pop-ups, and generally cool things. I mean, I have an entire category of ‘London’ on this blog, dedicated to some of the awesome things I’ve done here.
This city has so much to offer that I couldn’t possibly see/do everything on my bucket list… or can I? My bookmark folder of “Things to do in London” is always growing. While I often try to check many off my list when I’ve got a spare afternoon or weekend, I always discover new places through blogs, Pinterest, Instagram, and my friends here in London.
So here’s a list of places I’ve not been yet, as motivation to myself to get on with it, and inspiration to you as well if you live in the city, or if you’re planning a visit and want to see some cool things.
Basically neon light heaven. I feel like everyone on Instagram has been here, except me. I need to drag myself to Walthamstow to this ‘wonderland of creativity’.
The David Bowie Mural in Brixton
I’m a big fan of Bowie, RIP. The mural in Brixton is pretty iconic, I’ve just not had any other reason to go to Brixton yet.
Cahoots, Carnaby Street
Cahoots is a super cool 1940’s themed cocktail bar, in an underground train! You’ve got to be 21 to go, and you’ve also got to book a place to find out the password to get in, and I’m pretty sure you’ve gotta dress nice too. I’m in that year where half of us are 21 and the other half 20, so my friends and I are waiting until we’re all 21 before going. I can’t wait!
A bookshop that exclusively sells works by 20th century female authors, mostly. They say that all of their 117 books are “intelligent, thought-provoking and beautifully written”, so I definitely need to have a look!
The o2 arena puts on some pretty awesome exhibitions – I went to the Elvis one about 4 times! Well now they’ve got a Star Wars one, with many original costumes, props, droids, lots of cool things, and I’m desperate to go. Not only that, but you create your own “Star Wars identity” based on questions you answer as you go through each section, wearing a smart technology bracelet. Pretty cool huh?
This looks like the best place to drink gin, ever. Run by the same company that owns Cahoots, it’s a Victorian themed bar, with over 300 different gins!
And here’s a few of my favourite places in London that I’ve actually been to (and blogged about):
- The Sky Garden – stunning views from up high, in Fenchurch Street, and it’s FREE. Check out my blog post here.
- Camden – a must for anyone who likes street art, markets, anything alternative, and good music. Oh, and there’s a wonderful vegan bakery.
- The House of Minalima, Soho – 100% necessary if you’re a Harry Potter fan!! Read my blog post here.
- The Theatre Cafe, Shaftesbury Avenue – if you like musicals, you’ll love the theatre cafe. It’s full of West End musical posters, in the heart of theatreland, and serves drinks in theatre cups! Oh, and they play musical songs all day. YES. Here’s my blog post about it.
- The Tower of London is filled with so much history, I’ve been twice and still haven’t seen everything! If you were to visit only one tourist destination, I’d recommend the Tower of London. The crown jewels are there after all! Have a look at some of my pictures here.