I uploaded a video to my YouTube channel the other showing my everyday makeup, in a ‘get ready with me’ format, which was fun to film (albeit a little scary to show my bare skin!!). I’ve decided to share my everyday makeup on the blog too – any excuse to take pictures of pretty makeup packaging, am I right?!
I like to switch up my eyeshadow and lipsticks, but I do have a couple of staple products that I use pretty much every day.
My Everyday Makeup
- Urban Decay B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray. (£23.50) I love this spray so much, I use it before and after applying my makeup, and I swear it makes a difference! They’ve recently changed the packaging, but it’s the same product.
- Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder SPF15 foundation in shade 02: fair. (£32) This foundation has a lovely finish, it’s very liquid-y and light, so it’s perfect for those who don’t need a heavy coverage. You definitely need to set it with a powder though, or it’ll slide everywhere and look shiny. I’m really pale, so I was very surprised when the lady on the counter said I need the second shade in the range, not the palest!
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. (£4.19) Do I even need to talk about this? It’s probably one of the most raved about UK makeup products really!
- Natural Collection Pressed Powder. I love this powder to set my makeup, and it’s only £1.99. I’ve never really seen the need to buy an expensive powder to set an expensive foundation really!
- Colourpop Cream Highlighter in Hippo. ($8). This is definitely my ‘holy grail’ makeup product at the moment. Hippo is a gorgeous, iridescent purple-y silver worthy of goddesses. It looks amazing on your cheekbones, but unfortunately doesn’t last quite as long as I’d like, so I have to reapply when I go out.
- ELF Essential Shadow Lock Eye Primer. (£3) Does what it says on the tin really. Cheap, but good!
- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara. (£19) This is my all-time favourite mascara, in my opinion it’s a lot better than Too Faced’s Better Than Sex! I can layer this up for *really* long eyelashes, which is awesome because I hate false lashes!
- Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil. (£10). This isn’t quite dark enough for me, but it does the job. I dropped and smashed my HD brow set, which was a tragedy, so this will have to do for now.
I switch up my liquid eyeliner a lot because I’ve not really found a perfect one yet. At the moment I’m swapping between The Body Shop Bold Oversized Felt Tip eyeliner, which is a bit dry but stays on well, and Soap & Glory Supercat, which is really pigmented and easy to use, but seems to smudge even with a primer. I’d love to try the Kat Von D tattoo liner one day, but I can’t justify the price at the moment!
- Colourpop ultra matte liquid lipstick in Clueless. ($6). I’m such a fan of Colourpop’s matte liquid lipsticks, I’ve got at least 5 shades, but Clueless is my favourite. It’s the perfect pink-toned nude for my skintone, (Colourpop describe it as a ‘dusty mauve’) and while the matte liquid lipsticks are quite drying, they last so long and look awesome.
- Ted Baker Lipstick from the Treasure Trove. Unfortunately the Ted Baker Treasure Trove was a limited edition Christmas set, so I can’t give you a link, but it’s got some pretty good products in it, so I’d recommend checking out any future Ted Baker makeup releases. I particularly loved the lipstick, because it’s so creamy and moisturising. I adore the rose gold packaging too!
- Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Shine Lacquer. (£5). I’ve got these in a couple of shades, and while they’re a little sticky, I really like them. It gives such a weird tingling feeling when you first put it on, due to the plumping effect.
- Lab Squared Brushes. At the moment I’m loving my ‘I’m Turning Pro’ brush kit from Lab Squared, particularly the buffing brush!
- Soap & Glory Fluffy Brush. This was part of a Christmas set I got, and I don’t think they sell brushes separately, but it’s really soft and lovely to use.
- Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. (£4.49). I know it’s not a brush, but I’ve been loving my Real Techniques sponge recently for blending out my foundation. I do feel like sponges waste a lot of product, so I’ve been using it minimally after already blending my foundation with my fingers, so it doesn’t all get soaked up. I’ve not actually tried any Real Techniques brushes yet, I really need to!
I picked up this Daiyun Cover Flaw BB Cream on Aliexpress for the cute packaging (shoot me), but I’m really impressed with the product. For starters, it’s actually pale enough for my skin, and I love the cream-to-powder finish. For £4 including shipping, WOW. I totally think this product is worthy of a separate blog post, so watch this space. I’ve ordered a few more makeup things from Aliexpress, so I’ll review those too when they come!
My brother got me a Soap & Glory set for Christmas, which is why so many of their products have made their way into my everyday makeup. I especially love the ‘Lid Stuff’ palette, it’s the perfect little range of neutrals, with a couple of glittery champagne shades.
Make sure to watch the video below if you want to see me apply everything while having a little chat. I can’t believe I actually bared my naked face on the internet!
What makeup do you use every day?