Hello There! I’m Emily, your friendly neighbourhood witchy gal. I haunt East London.
I’m passionate about arts and culture, education, mindfulness and self-care.
I write blog posts to help you:
- Bring creativity into your self-care routine.
- Support your spiritual or witchcraft journey with a bit of magickal mindfulness.
- Live a bit more ethically and slowly.
Emily Underworld started as a London Student Lifestyle Blog, back in 2014.
I’m no longer a student but there are still plenty of university advice blog posts for you to browse.
I finished my MA in 2020. Hopefully, I’ll complete a PhD one day. I study Classics and Archaeology, which includes a lot of Greek Mythology… hence the blog name!
- Personal essays about mental health and chronic illness. I now mainly write these on Medium.
- Book reviews and reading lists.
- Travel content focused on Europe and London.
- Blogging + Social Media Resources.
Some of my Favourite & Most Popular Blog Posts…
- How To Become a Modern Witch
- 21 Self-Care Activities To Do At Home
- What is Spiritual Bypassing?
- 10 Nintendo Switch Games for Mindfulness
- 50 Free Virtual Museum Tours!
Other things I do with my life
- I’m really into music: I play the guitar, a bit of piano, I sing, and I love musicals. I’ve been lucky enough to perform in concerts, at weddings, and on BBC Radio!
- I enjoy spending time exploring the hidden parts of London.
- I make digital art, stickers and printables. I have a shop and a portfolio if you fancy checking out my stuff.
- In 2012, I won a mural competition for the 20th Century Fox & Tim Burton film ‘Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter’, which was displayed in Shoreditch, pictured below.
Some Fun Facts…
- My birthday is on Halloween.
- I have aphantasia, which means I don’t have a visual imagination! Read all about it here.
- I work in a museum and have an MA in Classical Art and Archaeology.
Where to next? Have a read of the blog and explore my cabinet of curiosities!
All the best,