I’m Emily, your friendly neighbourhood eccentric feminist witch. That was a mouthful. Anyway, I enjoy music, art, museums, books, theatre, plants… I find joy in creative hobbies!
Some Fun Facts…
My Enneagram type is 4 and I’m an INFP on the Myers-Briggs test.
My birthday is on Halloween – I’m a Scorpio Sun, Aquarius Moon, and Capricorn Rising if you’re into astrology!
I have aphantasia, which means I don’t have a visual imagination! Read all about it here.
I started writing my first blog when I was around the age of 13-14 (it was quite melodramatic as you can expect). I decided to *almost* wipe the slate clean when starting university in 2014: I deleted the majority of my old posts, then changed my blog name to Emily Underworld. I study Classics, which includes a lot of Greek Mythology… my favourite stories are all about Hades and the Underworld, hence the name!
A few of my Favourite Blog Posts…
- My Lupus | Rare Disease Day
- Exploring London With My New FitBit
- 10+ Amazing Places for Vegan Food in London
- My Favourite Museums in London
- Making a Terrarium at Grace & Thorn
- My First Witch Casket: Fire
- Kew Gardens Orchid Festival
Other things I do with my life
- I’m currently studying for my MA in Classics and Archaeology at King’s College & UCL. I’d love to be an academic writer one day, or a museum curator.
- I’m really into music: I play the guitar, a bit of piano, and I’m a soprano singer. I love musicals, particularly The Phantom of the Opera and Hamilton. My favourite musicians include Elvis Presley, Fleetwood Mac, Nirvana, and Mozart to name a few! I’ve been lucky enough to perform in professional settings, including concerts, at weddings, and on BBC Radio.
- In 2012, I won a mural competition for the 20th Century Fox & Tim Burton film ‘Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter’, which was displayed in Shoreditch, pictured below. I’ve also won a few photography competitions at King’s College, and once I even posed nude as Aphrodite!
All the best,