I’m Emily, your friendly neighbourhood feminist witch, haunting East London. That was a mouthful.
I write blog posts to help you:
- Bring creativity into your self-care routine.
- Support your spiritual or witchcraft journey with a bit of magickal mindfulness.
- Live a bit more ethically and slowly.
I’m passionate about education, the environment, and the importance of mindfulness and self-care. Trust me, I need self-care, and I’ve become a pro at it. I’ve survived PTSD, and I’m fighting Lupus, an autoimmune disease… I promise things can get better!
Some Fun Facts…
My birthday is on Halloween.
I have aphantasia, which means I don’t have a visual imagination! Read all about it here.
I adore music, art, museums, theatre, mythology, books… and plants!
Emily Underworld started as a London Student Lifestyle Blog, back in 2014. I’m no longer a student but there are still plenty of university advice blog posts for you to browse.
I finished my MA in 2020. Hopefully, I’ll complete a PhD one day. I study Classics and Archaeology, which includes a lot of Greek Mythology… hence the blog name!
- Personal essays about mental health and chronic illness. I now mainly write these on Medium.
- Book reviews and reading lists.
- Travel content focused on Europe and London.
- Blogging + Social Media Resources.
Other things I do with my life
- I’m really into music: I play the guitar, a bit of piano, I sing, and I love musicals. I’ve been lucky enough to perform in concerts, at weddings, and on BBC Radio!
- I enjoy spending time exploring the hidden parts of London.
- I make digital art, stickers and printables. I have a shop and a portfolio if you fancy checking them out.
- In 2012, I won a mural competition for the 20th Century Fox & Tim Burton film ‘Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter’, which was displayed in Shoreditch, pictured below.
2021 Goodreads Challenge
Where to next? Have a read of the blog and explore my cabinet of curiosities!
All the best,
I’m a Slytherin.
Celeste is my favourite Animal Crossing character!