Welcome to Emily Underworld’s Shop + Freebie Library.
Here you will find:
- Products created by me.
- Tools I use for blogging. My theme, plugins, photography equipment, and social media tools. (Includes affiliate links)
- The courses + books I recommend.
- Free fonts, printables + more!
- Digital Art Shop
- Greetings Cards
- My Amazon Storefront
- Blogging Tools
- The Freebie Library!
- My Free Handwritten Fonts
- Self-Care Printables & Journal Worksheets
- My Free Stock Photos
- Quote Graphics for Social Media + Phone Wallpapers
- Gif Stickers on Giphy!
- Discount Codes
I create Vector Art + Digital Illustrations in my free time. These are available as stickers, prints, notebooks, t-shirts, socks… and more!
Have a browse of my Redbubble Shop here.
I create fun, colourful illustrated greetings cards! These are available to purchase exclusively on Thortful, a lovely UK creative card marketplace.
My Amazon Storefront
You can also find my camera equipment and other devices I use for blogging on Amazon.
These are the top blogging tools I recommend and use.
My blog is self-hosted via WordPress.org, and my theme is Dainty by Hearten Made.
If you’re looking for a free WordPress theme, I recommend Astra. It’s very customisable and quick to load.
Here are the other tools I use for blogging. Some of these are affiliate links, meaning I earn a commission.
- Milotree WordPress Plugin. I use this for the little corner pop-ups you may see across my blog. These link to my Instagram and Pinterest – they definitely help convert viewers into followers without being too intrusive!
- Yoast for SEO is essential. Utilising SEO on my blog posts brings in a lot of organic traffic from Google. Yoast is free to use and I swear by it. They also have some free courses about SEO, I recommend taking those!
Social Media Management + Scheduling
- I use Tweetdeck for scheduling tweets and managing multiple Twitter accounts. It’s free.
- I use Tailwind for scheduling Pinterest pins, and connecting with other bloggers on Pinterest. It’s not essential for Pinterest, but I do find it helpful and convenient. The Tribes feature is pretty great too for connecting with other bloggers. You can get a free trial of Tailwind here.
- I wrote about how I promote my blog posts here.
Books + Courses
I have personally bought several Pinterest Courses over the years. Big Pin Energy is my favourite. In February 2020, I smashed my blog goals, with the highest number of views and sessions I’ve ever had! I really recommend it if you want to learn how to use Pinterest effectively with their new algorithm changes.
I am now reaching an average of 28,000 sessions every month + 30,000 page views! I even had a viral pin that brought me 12,000 views in one day. I can’t wait to see where I’m headed in the future.
My June 2020 Referrer Stats are featured below… notice how much higher my Pinterest clicks are compared to Twitter or Facebook!
Additional Blogging Books + Resources I Recommend
- The Blogging Babe Planner.
- Boost Blog Traffic Ebook by TheSheApproach.
- Viral Pin Templates for Canva by Blogging Babe.
- PresetsByLisa! I love her Lightroom Presets for my blog and Instagram photos. Use code STAYATHOME for 30% off. You can read about how I improved my photography and editing here.
- For stock photos, my favourites for blogging are from IvoryMix. Scroll down to the Freebie Library section to get my own free stock photos.
- SendOwl is a great platform for selling digital products. It’s also really easy to set up affiliates, which means you can get more eyes on your stuff!
I have learned so much from various courses & classes I’ve taken on Skillshare. The courses I’ve taken vary from blogging, SEO, and affiliate marketing, to crafts and DIY.
Creative Market is a brilliant place for digital products. It’s where I bought my WordPress Theme (Dainty by Hearten Made), and where I often buy resources.
Best of all, Creative Market give away six free goods each week! Every Monday there are new digital products you can download for free. Examples include fonts, social media templates, digital illustrations, icons, and stock photography.
Find their current free goods below!
Powered by Creative Market
Earning Money As a Blogger
Finding Sponsored Work
Most of the time, sponsored blog post enquiries land in my email inbox. I am yet to pitch a brand myself!
I tend to ignore Instagram DM’s because 9 times out of 10 it’s a dodgy MLM, or a brand asking me to buy their fast fashion product at a discounted rate. Not for me.
I do sometimes find suitable sponsored blog post opportunities through Facebook Groups and Twitter. Recently I’ve been enjoying using the platform Get Blogged to find paid blogging work.
For many bloggers, Mediavine is the holy grail of advertising. I am yet to apply for Mediavine, because you need 50,000 monthly sessions to be considered. My highest so far is around 47,000, so maybe I’ll be able to apply soon!
Google Adsense has been quite hit and miss for me, but I’ve heard many great reviews of Ezoic. They work with Google Adsense, but enable you to earn more money from advertising. You need to reach 10,000 monthly sessions to use Ezoic, so the threshold is much easier to attain than Mediavine. I’m in the process of setting mine up, but I will update this when I have more experience.
Affiliate Marketing Programs
Affiliate marketing is a great way for bloggers and social media influencers to earn an income online. I share all about the ways I earn money online as a micro-influencer and writer over on Internet Wages.
Here I’ll be recommending my top-performing affiliate programs. Some of these are referral links, meaning I earn a commission.
- Ultimate Bundles. This is my favourite platform for affiliate marketing. Ultimate Bundles pay a 40% commission rate, and provide many resources for helping you succeed. Anyone can join for free. I believe in their products as a customer myself, and I’ve learned a lot since joining.
- I also use AWIN and Amazon Associates, although their commission rates are lower than Ultimate Bundles. I mainly use these for linking to specific products, like books, makeup or skincare. AWIN generally pays more than Amazon Associates, and you can find many premade ad graphics on there for your blog, email marketing, or social media. Commission rates vary per brand, but pretty much all the household-name companies you might like to work with are on AWIN.
- If you’re interested in Amazon Associates, the best-performing commission for me actually comes from promoting their free trials of Prime, Prime Student, and Audible.
- Check out the Amazon Affiliate Affluence Ebook for everything you need to know about Amazon’s Affiliate program, and how to earn more from it. The writer of this ebook earns over $1000 per month just from Amazon! I wrote so many notes while reading this ebook. It’s the best and most practical advice I’ve read about how to succeed with Amazon Associates.
For a more in-depth look at Affiliate Programs in general for bloggers, check out this brilliant resource from TheSheApproach. It includes 500+ programs and a video walkthrough. If you’re completely new to affiliate marketing, I’d recommend taking this free email course!
The Freebie Library!
My Free Handwritten Fonts
Did you know I create handwritten fonts? You may have seen them across my social media graphics, and in the header logo of my blog!
- All of my fonts are available to download free at DaFont.
- Simple Handwriting Font (new in 2020).
- Dry Whiteboard Marker Font (new in 2020).
Self-Care Printables & Journal Worksheets
I have several Self-Care printables and Personal Growth Journalling worksheets available for you to download from my Gumroad shop.
Quick links to my most popular free Gumroad digital products:
- Self-Care Checklist for 2020
- 21 Self-Care Activities To Do At Home
- Gratitude Journal Writing Exercise
- 10+ Printable Feminine Planners
My Free Stock Photos
For photography tips, and to learn how I edit my photos, have a read of this blog post.
Quote Graphics for Social Media + Phone Wallpapers
Over on Motivational Quotational, I share inspiring quotes and interesting words. I enjoy creating social media graphics and phone wallpapers featuring them… so I decided to make another blog showcasing them all.
I make my social media graphics on Photoshop, Adobe Spark, and Canva.
Gif Stickers on Giphy!
I recently started making Gif stickers, which are now available on my Giphy channel. Search emilyunderworld on Giphy to find them all!
Have a read of this blog post for information about how to use Giphy stickers, and discover some of my favourite creators!
You can find my discount codes page here. It features some of my favourite brands and exclusive discounts for them!
I hope you found some useful resources here, I will be updating it periodically. If you’d like to see something specific or need some advice, feel free tweet me @emilyunderworld.
Where to next? Have a read of the blog!