I’m assuming you’re here because you’re interested in submitting a guest post to Emily Underworld.
I get a lot of emails asking about guest posts, so I thought it would be easier to write out some guest post guidelines.
Guest Post Guidelines
- I do not accept guest posts that are advertorials for any brand, product, or service. If that’s what you’re looking for, please read my Work With Me page. I don’t accept product review guest posts, or round-up posts featuring other blogger’s content.
- No affiliate links are allowed.
- You must be a blogger or freelance writer to submit a guest post. I’ll need a link to credit you, whether that’s your blog, portfolio site, or social media profile.
- Blog posts will be written in British English. Don’t worry if you want to write in American English, but please note that I will change the spellings.
- If any statistics or facts are included in your blog post, please cite the source.
- Guest posts must be 100% original content that won’t be published elsewhere.
- Don’t worry about the photos, I prefer to take my own, or choose stock photos myself.
- I do edit posts, only for SEO purposes (e.g. adding internal links and subheadings). I won’t change your message or story, but I may change the headline.
- Blog posts should be over 1000 words.
I only publish guest posts on the following topics:
- Mental Health, Self-Care, and Personal Development.
- Creativity! Art, Crafts, DIY’s, Journalling.
- Ethical + Eco-Friendly Living.
- Advice for University Students / Studying Tips.
- Spirituality and Witchcraft.
If you write about blogging, social media, SEO, or making money online, I also accept guest posts on my other blog Internet Wages.
What You Get In Return
An author bio at the bottom of the submitted blog post. This will include a link to your blog homepage. I’m happy to include links to your related content in the blog post.
I’m also happy to add links to your Twitter and Instagram. I share all of my blog posts on Twitter and will tag you too.
My DA is currently 24, so the backlink will particularly help people with a lower DA.
I receive 30,000 monthly views, which can help bring your writing to a new audience!
How To Submit A Guest Post
Please send guest post submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Putting ‘guest post’ in the subject field really helps me see your email quicker!
Feel free to send me draft posts, final pieces, or pitches. If you’ve got an idea, but you’re not sure about it, feel free to send over your idea.
Please don’t email me blog posts that don’t fit the above categories, unfortunately it wouldn’t be a good fit.
I do my best to publish most guest posts I receive. Depending on my schedule, it may take a few weeks before I can get it up.
If you have any questions, feel free to tweet me @emilyunderworld, or send an email!