50 Powerful Affirmations For Witches to help in your spiritual journey. How to practice these affirmations, and how I personally use them for Witchcraft.
I’ll preface this with a very important topic. Witchcraft is for everyone. We must be actively anti-racist. Witchcraft is not just an ‘aesthetic’. We stand up against oppression.
I’m talking about Black Lives Matter. If you can’t afford to donate, sign the petitions. Educate yourself and others. Use your voice. Support and listen to minorities. I wrote a blog post featuring many resources for you.
“If you call yourself a witch you are taking on the mantel of hundreds of years of oppression and ostracism. It is your duty to stand beside those who suffer injustice. If you do not, your “spirituality” is aesthetic only.”Holly Cassell
The WITCH Movement.
‘WITCH is an all-woman Everything. It’s theater, revolution, magic, terror, joy, garlic flowers, spells. It’s an awareness that witches and gypsies were the original guerrillas and resistance fighters against oppression – particularly the oppression of women – down through the ages. Witches have always been women who dared to be: groovy, courageous, aggressive, intelligent, nonconformist, explorative, curious, independent, sexually liberated, revolutionary. (This possibly explains why nine million of them have been burned.)—WITCH Manifesto
‘The most significant aspect of WITCH was its choice of central symbol: the witch. By choosing this symbol, feminists were identifying themselves with everything women were taught not to be: ugly, aggressive, independent, and malicious. Feminists took this symbol and molded it – not into the fairy tale “good witch,” but into a symbol of female power, knowledge, independence, and martyrdom.’Religious studies scholar Cynthia Eller, 1993.
Witchcraft Affirmations & How To Use Them
Today’s blog post is about affirmations and inspirational quotes for witches.
I’ll be honest, ever since I heard about affirmations, I didn’t think they were for me. I practice witchcraft, gratitude and self-care. I take pro-active steps towards reaching my goals and improving my personal development. But I believed that repeating a phrase to myself was essentially… a pointless waste of time.
However, I recently discovered the power of these phrases. Frequently reminding yourself that you are indeed, a strong independent woman (for example), can be life-changing. Trying things that were previously out of my comfort zone is a huge part of my spiritual journey.
So, I decided to give affirmations an attempt. I personally believe that words are power, and therefore communicating with myself has become very important throughout my journey.
You may know that I cannot visualise at all because I have aphantasia. This means that I think entirely in words, with no images or colours. I remember things through descriptions, but I also don’t have an internal monologue. I can’t see or hear anything in my head. You may wonder how I function at all, but I’ve never known any different.
The main thing that helps me is writing. I write things down. A lot. I have to!
Ideas for Using Witchcraft Affirmations
These affirmations for witches could be written down in your journal, on your vision board, or placed somewhere you can see them, e.g. your bedroom wall. Read and repeat them to yourself, and pick out the ones that stand out the most for you. Think about your identity, who you are and who you want to become. It’s your life, you can be whoever you want to be. Focus on your emotions, and feel what you’re saying. Looking in the mirror while you say them is a powerful way to start!
Affirmations can help you harness the power of positive thinking and mindfulness, to create good habits and improve your wellbeing. They’ve been assisting me in ritual practice recently, and I use them when I wake up and go to sleep.
50 Powerful Affirmations For Witches
- I am a Witch.
- I am powerful.
- Magick flows through me.
- I command respect.
- The universe provides me with everything I need.
- I belong to the Earth.
- I am connected to a long line of witches before me.
- My magick protects me.
- I love myself, the Earth, and my deities.
- I create as I speak.
- I influence reality.
- My ancestors guide me.
- Everything I do, I do with intent.
- I am one with the universe.
- The universe helps my manifestations find me.
- I am a spiritual being in a physical body.
- I am following my path. It is right for me.
- I enable myself to learn and grow.
- I allow myself to let go of the past.
- I feel empathy and compassion for all life on Earth.
- I find joy in my magick and embrace my power.
- Witchcraft unleashes my strength.
- I achieve every goal I desire.
- I am transforming myself.
- I declare my intentions to the universe.
- I love myself, and my shadow self.
- My path is filled with knowledge, love, and prosperity.
- I appreciate every blessing in my life.
- I follow my intuition.
- I release my mistakes and open myself to new opportunities.
- I see beyond the surface.
- I speak the language of the universe.
- My words and thoughts are powerful.
- My life is a tapestry I choose to weave.
- I am part of nature. Nature is part of me.
- Every spell and ritual teaches me something new.
- Every day I have more faith in my magick.
- I believe in myself.
- I use my craft positively, and do not intend harm to others.
- I heal myself and others.
- I communicate my intentions clearly.
- I trust the universe, my deities, and myself.
- I let go of fear.
- I am in control.
- I find joy everywhere.
- I let go of limiting beliefs.
- I am guided by the divine.
- The power of the Earth flows through me.
- I follow my path at my own pace. A journey is not a race.
- I am awake. I am free. I am at peace.
I hope these 50 Powerful Affirmations For Witches help you with your witchcraft or spiritual journey!
Make sure to have a read of my other witchcraft blog posts and join me on Pinterest (where I share all the witchy things). I also post witchcraft photos on Instagram @InternetUnderworld, Tumblr, and I’m getting into TikTok!
I’ve recently started a brand new blog, focused entirely on Inspiring & Motivational Quotes for positivity. I’ll be sharing more affirmations, graphics for you to use, quote phone wallpapers and more. Have a read.
All the best,