I’ve been thinking about the direction of this blog recently. While I love sharing things to do in London, and I’ll be a student for at least another year, I feel like it needs to evolve somehow. After having a think about what interests me, I’ve made two new categories on the blog: Classics (as in the Ancient world, the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and all that stuff I study), and Witchcraft.
Witchcraft has interested me for a long time, it was one of my childhood obsessions (along with wanting to be a pirate!), so I’m excited to be writing about it. Today I’m starting off with a witch-themed wishlist…
A Witchy Wishlist
- Eclectic Eccentricity are a company I’ve been meaning to purchase from for a while. The only problem is that I want so many of their things! I absolutely love their crystal jewellery, and they’ve recently branched out into homeware too… I’ve got my eye on these Agate Crystal Windchimes, they’re so pretty. (£24)
- I’d happily wear any beautiful Eclectic Eccentricity necklaces, but I particularly love the Spectrum Aura Quartz Crystal necklace, and each one is unique! (£26)
- The lovely blogger gal Jessica Gutteridge has a shop called Witchcraftart, full of beautiful witchy prints. She’s recently started selling clothes too, and I need this Beetlejuice Smock Dress ASAP (£28). I’m definitely going to order it, and I know I won’t be able to resist one of her beautiful art prints as well.
- I’ve read several books on witchcraft / wicca / astrology (blog post on my faves coming soon). The books currently on my wishlist are Wiccapedia, The Witch’s Journal, and Harmony Nice’s upcoming release on Wicca.
- I have a few crystals, but I need to expand my collection a bit, so I’ve been considering trying out a witches starter kit or subscription box. If anyone has any recommendations, let me know! I’ve been looking at Witch Casket because I figured it would be fun try to out, and I could always write a blog post about it… it’s £27 and vegan-friendly.
- A cauldron. I might publish a post about my altar at some point – it’s looking pretty cool with my zodiac wall hanging above, a sculpture of Venus, some himalayan salt candles, and of course my crystals, fossils, wand, random Egyptian paraphenalia… but it’s missing a cauldron. I’d like to get one of these little pewter ones with a triple moon symbol on the front (£14.99). That reminds me, I also need to get a wax burner. I was planning a collaboration with a brand who sent me some wax melts and a gorgeous ceramic owl burner, but it arrived broken… They ignored my emails, so I’ve got lots of wax melts with no way to use them unfortunately! For now I’ve been sticking with oils in my aromatherapy lamp, white sage, and candles.
- A crystal ball. I’ll probably have to check out some occult shops for this really, because I want to make sure I choose the right one!
- Some amethyst rune stones. These are only £4.15! I made my own rune stones back when I was around 10 or 11, but I’ve since misplaced them so I definitely need a new set.
- This one isn’t really witch-related, but I recently dyed my hair black with a purple dip-dye and I’m loving it! Next time I want to try out Arctic Fox’s 100% Vegan dye in Transylvania. (£13.99)
- We all know I’m a big fan of the British Museum, and I can’t get enough of their shop! I love the Egyptian-themed home things and sculpture, I’ve been eyeing up this Ankh Amulet replica recently, which is the hieroglyphic sign for life. I’m taking a module in Egyptian magic for my MA, perhaps this will help motivate me to write my essay! (£15.99)
Let me know what witchy things are on your wishlist!
All the best,