I am an Amazon Associate, meaning I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. This blog post contains Amazon Affiliate links.
My ‘to-read’ list is endlessly growing. I’m always shamelessly buying books or browsing Waterstones, despite having almost an entire shelf of books I haven’t read yet sitting at home. It’s bad and I feel guilty. I’ve been reading a lot this year, but recently I’ve found myself overwhelmed with menial tasks and chores, so I’ve fallen off the bandwagon a little bit.
Today I’ve decided to motivate myself again, by writing a list of 8 books I want to read.
My full ‘to read’ list is far longer (with a lot of classics on it), but I wanted to give myself an attainable goal for once. Make sure to join me on Goodreads to check out my full ‘to-be-read’ list, and follow my progress.
8 Books I Want To Read
- Nina is Not OK – I won a copy of Nina is Not OK by Shappi Khorsandi, from the lovely Kayleigh at Very Berry Cosmo. I’m so excited to read it, not only because the cover is beautiful (go ahead, judge me), but because it’s ‘a dark, funny, coming of age novel from one of the UK’s leading comedians’, which sounds awesome.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear – Technically, I won’t be reading this, because I have an Audible audiobook, but I’m finding Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert so inspiring at the moment. I’ll totally end up getting a copy of the book too, because I’ll want to read it again.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – I got my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on the day it came out, but I still haven’t opened it yet, because I was too preoccupied with On The Other Side by Carrie Hope Fletcher (an amazing book, read it). I think it’ll be the next book I read, because I’m worried I’ll see spoilers online, and I’ve tried and failed to get tickets for the play several times now!
- The White Queen – I’ve had this book for years on my shelf; I’m always meaning to read it but never have! I need to get on with it, because I remember loving the TV series. Philippa Gregory is an amazing writer, so I know I’ll enjoy it.
- Girl Up – You must be living under a rock if you haven’t heard of Girl Up by Laura Bates. I’ve heard amazing reviews, and I’ve been wanting to educate myself more about feminism, so I definitely need to pick up a copy.
- Pretties – I feel like this is cheating a little, because I am already halfway through Pretties, the sequel to Uglies by Scott Westerfield. Well, I was halfway through it until my Kindle broke! So I either need to pick up a physical copy of the book, or wait until I can afford a new Kindle…
- A Game of Thrones – I have no idea why I haven’t read the Song of Ice and Fire series yet… well, actually I do. It’s a pretty big book, so it’s more daunting on my bookshelf than many other unread books, so I never seem to pick it up. Not to mention that it’s the first in a huge series, and I know I’ll get hooked!
- Heavier Than Heaven, a Kurt Cobain biography – If you didn’t know, I’m a big fan of Kurt Cobain. I love Nirvana’s music, I’ve seen all the Kurt Cobain documentaries and conspiracy theories, and I even have his signature tattoed on my ribs (total fangirl alert). I picked up Heavier Than Heaven because it was on sale in HMV, and is described as the ‘definitive bestselling biography of Kurt Cobain’, so I figured it must be pretty good.
And that concludes my little list of 8 books I want to read! I wanted to include a combination of fiction and non-fiction books, as well as a mixture of books I already have on my shelf and a few I want to buy… I just can’t resist buying new books!
I didn’t make the list too long (I’m aiming for 2 books per month), because I’ll have university work to focus on. I have plenty more on my bookshelf if I get through these quickly.
What books do you want to read?
Let me know in the comments, I’m always up for a book recommendation!
and make sure to have a read of my other book blog posts.